Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Tunic Vest and Skin Care

tunic vest~The Rack
jeggings~TJ's
tee~Target
shoes~local boutique
Two things I want to share with you today:  first--I'm going to LOVE this tunic vest!  It's a wonderful material, the kind that flows over your shape, is soft and warm, and keeps it's shape.  The material is sort of like a wool terri--it has a little nap on the outside.  On the inside ( you can see a little on the lapel) is more like a flannel.  It will match up with all of my leggings--a nice addition to my wardrobe!


Secondly, I wanted to share with you my experience in working at a skin care spa.  One of the things I learned is that the skin care products at the department stores are probably the WORST bang for your buck.  I used to buy Estee Lauder and Chanel, to name a few.  The medical grade or specialty brands just sold to aestheticians are probably a better investment.  That's not to say I use the more expensive ones exclusively; I mix the high end with the lower end--my trusted drug store brands.


more photoshop--oopsey on the foot.
 For example, for my moisturizer, I like one that does double duty; moisturizer  with peptides and sunscreen.  On the low end, I love Oil of Olay (oh yes, my aesthetician would be cringing right now). On the higher end, the Hydro-Peptide in the blue bottle.  The last one on the right is a serum--just a straight moisturizer--and more on that later.



Would you like to know about micro-derm abrasion????  I have first hand experience! 

14 comments:

  1. I would love to be spa by you, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhçNothing more wonderful than a span.
    Nice vest, Paula
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, Love, Love your tunic Paula! Also like the color you popped it with! Teach us everything you know about skin care!! PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, tell us more about skin products! I use a lot of Olay on my skin, because I read that it actually contains the helpful stuff your skin needs, plus sunscreen. Adore that new tunic - it's so chic and so you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great original tunic. Looks very comfortable indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tunic looks so cozy and is a fabulous neutral piece!

    Yes, yes, please do dish about skincare!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tunic looks comfortable and chic, not an easy accomplishment.

    Yes, I would like to hear about micro-derm abrasion.

    I'm glad to see you're enjoying photoshop :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the grey tunic and it looks great with the pop of red in the sweater. Wish I could get to grips with photoshop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to have microdermabrasion, but it is kind of expensive at spas here. I started using Dr Perricone products but like everything I ever start using I end up not using it regularly.
    Your photoshop pic is just too cool.
    I love your vest. It looks like a great piece to own. I was looking at some layering pieces by a company named Comfy. They did look comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a good look on you! I guess we could all use some help in the skin department. So bring it on my bloggy friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tunic vest looks comfortable yet stylish. Fill us in on all of your secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Paula, the tunic vest looks great on you!
    When it comes to beauty products I buy most of mine at CVS pharmacy or through my co worker Avon book.
    Have a lovely coming week,

    ReplyDelete
  12. I mostly use drugstore skincare for moisture and whatever my dermatologist prescribes me for active ingredients! I'm never sure if other products are working, haha!

    I love the new tunic, I totally live in leggings... and that flannel looks so cozy yet chic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've used that same Olay bottle of moisturizer and especially like their moisturizers with sunblock but recently I've switched to a more expensive line that I like even better. Still, it's nice to have something to switch to when finances are tight.

    Love your tunic vest! I wear a lot of vests around the house because they keep me warm but allow my arms to be free.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This tunic vest is totally awsome. It's the kind of vest I would reach for everyday.I like the color the shape and the softness (it must be soft,right?) of it. I change my day creams and as long as I use regularely I'm satisfied.

    ReplyDelete