Happy New Year Everyone! I bet most of you were thinking of improvements or changes to your blog over the holiday and I am right there with you. Thanks to Katy over at Modlychic for asking these pertinent questions~
1. Have you ever looked at someone's blog and thought yours will never measure up?
Everyday! I am envious (ugh!) of people who can write. I know I will never measure up to some of the other better writers out there, so I know I have to use MY own talents/specialties to compete.
2. Do you (did you) feel pressure to meet some kind of undefined standard for fashion bloggers?
I guess it’s the pressure I put upon myself— I want my blog to accomplish particular things and have a certain look. That standard is in my mind’s eye—and comes from a conglomeration of certain blogs that have inspired me.
3. Many established fashion bloggers are also extraordinary DIYers, bakers, and crafty people. Do you think you need to combine all of these things to be successful at blogging?
Not at all! I’m crafty and artistic and I still think that writing is one of the most important skills for a blog. Photographic skills are key too. And some of the blogs I like the best are the ones that are funny! So throw in humor too!
4. The most successful blogs are the ones that have their own personal voice - how are you developing your voice or how did you find yours?
Right now, I am finding that my “voice” disappears when I write. I am using other tools to try and bring out my personality, like taping my thoughts rather than writing them. And I am thinking of video….although that brings out a whole NEW set of problems….
5. Toot your own horn... what's one thing you do that is unique to you and your blog? What gives your blog an edge?
It’s hard to have an edge in the fashion world when you are over 45—have I mentioned that before? Nonetheless, I am hoping that my artistic know-how and my creativity will give me an edge. Hope springs eternal~