Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Blurry, Swirly Skirt


Well, its snowing AGAIN.  Fla. can't come quick enough! 
Oh yeah, the outfit.  I have been closet digging--finding things tossed aside for some reason.  Today I wanted to try this swirly skirt that I had bought it at Nordstom Rack, much to the dismay of my girlfriend.  She was horrified at this print.

sweater~Bluefly
skirt~Nordstrom Rack
tights~Peabody-Essex Museum
boots~Santana

I attempted a swirl-- I am a blurry, swirl.  The skirt is working--I fell in love with it all over again!  It was comfortable, it has a lot of detail on its gored panels, and the soft knit material is very stretchy and comfortable.  It's a good length and I did feel girly all day.


In talking about how we get ready lately (see Friend Friday's subject last week on Modlychic), things hardly ever turn out the way you plan.  I did these sketches on Sunday, and in the sketch this outfit shows green tights, body suit and my white cowboy boots. Well, the green didn't look as good as I thought it might, and the cowboy boots have a leather sole that would have been way too slippery in the ice.  (although I have my "Bear Claws"--you may see them later) I made adjustments. 

Does that happen to you?

11 comments:

  1. Why would anyone be horrified at this pattern? I love that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Sheila: the pattern's lovely. As is your use of colour. While I'm just not a sketcher, I imagine outfits, or set them out together; but I regularly have to change because they don't work as well in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the print...I do not know why she wouldn't...it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girl
    if half the ideas in my head looked as good as when i tried them on, i'd be a professional stylist somewhere. lol

    Come Enter My B'day Give Away

    ReplyDelete
  5. The skirt looks gorgeous on you! I LOVE feeling girly...and nothing does the trick more than a flowy flirty skirt! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  6. he, laughed at the "horrified" by the print comment! I quite like it, but then I'm a total print lover! And, I mention it EVERY. SIngle. Time. you post them, but your illustrations are darling and endearing.
    Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post about negative criticism. I suppose it IS human nature to dwell on the few negatives instead of the hundreds of positives. I'm completely guilty of that. But, I also wanted to let readers know that I'm ok with them being honest as long as they're nice!
    It's been so fun getting to know you and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the skirt AND the swirliness and the blue tights and the long sweater. And yes, quite often, my outfit looks one way in the photos but undergoes a transformation in reality.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, such a lovely skirt and I love the color of the tights as well! I'm following your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sheila~a LOT of people abhor prints...not us, tho, eh?
    ADubs~God, I have to get over to you guys--havent commented in a while--thanks for stopping by again! So true, never the same as in real life!
    Pam~I think last year the print seemed so much more out there--now it seems tame!
    Silvergirl~lol--I know, huh? Like a pipe dream..
    Serene~OF COURSE I WAS THINKING OF YOU ON THIS POST!!! girly
    Vanessa~I feel the same about getting to know you too! Thanks about the sketches and glad to hear you are back in the saddle! Got a little worried when you did the IFB post....
    Terri~Or I find at the end of the day, for some reason, it didnt work. Or people were staring....lol
    Artfully Awear~I was so drawn to the colors on your page! I am following you too--can't wait to get to know you better! Paula

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this outfit !!!!!!
    xXx
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the sketches. I just bought a Stylit and I'm going to start using it during this 30 x 30 challenge. Maybe I should sketch instead of write my daily outfits out. It looks pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete