Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Unusual MOG (Mother of Groom)

Yes, ladies, tis true.
My son is getting married in less than 2 weeks.
And true to my style, I'll be the less-than-conventional Mother of the Groom.
Here is what I am talking about:



3 pairs of shoes, 2 wigs and a partridge  minaudiere.
I guess I have some 'splaining to do, Lucy.
Three pairs of shoes?  
Non-dancing, dancing and almost-dead-tired shoes.  I'm bringing all three.
Two wigs?  
Well, to be frank, after a few dances, my hair becomes saturated with water.  Ok, I sweat A LOT when I dance.  Zumba training for the past 2years has not done much to change that.  I will tie my wet hair back and fasten on the wiglets.  I don't know which one will work better, so I am bringing both.
The minaudiere?
Not really unusual--just a cool name.  AKA small clutch.

And just wait until you hear the story of my dress!  That will come after the wedding.
(further details of the unconventional can be seen on my Pinterest board here.)

In the meantime, enjoy my video of my outfits of the week.  This week's theme was jackets.



There is a hat shot in there!  I'm linking up with Style Crone's Hat Attack this week~
I'm hoping for good weather on Valentine's Day!

xoxo



20 comments:

  1. Dear ,everything will be good and you will be happy ! Have a good time.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the upcoming wedding, Paula! I love the idea of add-on hair, and wore some last night. It's a great fill-in when one's own hair gets wilty. And the minaudiere is divine (love that word too) xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Paula...I cannot wait to see you all dolled up!! Congratulations for the happy couple! I wish I had danced more at both of my kids weddings, but I was spending too much time visiting with guests...so dance the night away for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MOG is so much more fun than MOB! When I was MOB, I swear I missed the whole thing - running around taking care of everything and everybody. MOG - I just enjoyed the evening (and watched the MOB worry and troubleshoot all evening!) Have fun! Remember the photo of you dancing with your son will feature your bare arms in a not so photogenic pose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am hoping for that--not that I wish anything bad for the MOB, but even the planning has been a breeze for me! Thanks for the insight==xoxo

      Delete
  5. Great hat shot in the video Paula! Thanks for sharing with Hat Attack.

    Have a great time at your son's wedding. Looks like your planning will ensure that dancing will be fully enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a snapshot of the hat, Judith, but I couldnt get it to upload--so I am glad you took the time to check it out in the video! xoxo

      Delete
  6. I hope you were able to find a dress with a lovely collar like your pins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to your son and his bride! I got married in February too. In fact this week is the anniversary. Where did all that time go? LOVE that you are bringing falls/wiglets to put in your hair at the reception. I hope you will share pictures because I have to see all this. Thanks for sending in your photo for the pink roundup. The post goes up tomorrow. XO, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see your outfit! Three pairs of shoes makes perfect sense to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll look forward to see the entire look, you go lady :)
    I just nominated you for the Shine On Award. See http://searchingtheinnerme.blogspot.com/2014/02/shine-on-award.html for rules

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, have fun at the wedding. Dance your socks off!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your videos, always creative and interesting. You look great in shorts skirts and jackets, I love the white skirt. You have some fun choices for the wedding for shoes. I hope you have a really great day!

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I enjoyed the video and I love the pink skirt!!! You, my friend, are well prepared for your son's wedding! Congrats to your son and future daughter-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to your son! I am sure the wedding was beautiful! I am so happy that you went for the conventional mother of the bride look and made it you! I would love to see your dress!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mary Janes! How can you go wrong?? Can't wait to hear about the wedding. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! Lets follow each other?
    http://www.solaanteelespejo.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Hey Hey Paula. I'll bet you've heard THAT before. So you're joining Club 60! Yikes! Can you even believe it? I try to get out of San Diego as often as possible but it IS my home. So please let me know when you're going to be in the neighborhood and we can try to get together. How was your son's wedding? I'll bet you looked gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete