Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Jacket and Cape Weather


When I think of all the time I actually SPEND in a jacket or a coat, it makes more sense to take pictures in my OUTERWEAR, rather than my INNER WEAR.  That's why this week, I have my fall jackets and a cape in my video.  Besides, it's getting cold.




IN the video, there are 3 jackets I wore this week.  

1. The leopard jacket was purchased ON SALE for $30 at Forever 21. LOVE this coat, it's a lightweight fake fur that's very comfortable. I do have to be careful shopping at XXI --one misstep and I'm 16 again (in my mind). This coat was safe from a style standpoint. It is a tad tight in the arms, a common fit problem if I shop the teenage stores.

2. This cape has become a fall outerwear staple for me, surprisingly! I bought this at Macy's close to 10 years ago. I bought it for fall football games, and has turned out to be a valuable transitional jacket. I never thought I'd wear it as much as I do. The only drawback is it is cumbersome to wear driving. 
The cape has been a huge trend for awhile; has anyone taken the plunge?

3. And of course, who could go without a jean jacket? Is there anyone out there that DOESN'T have/use one?



THIS WEEK'S INSPIRATION; CLOUDS
In the spring and fall in new England, we have beautiful clouds. Every day I try to remember to just
LOOK UP!
XOXO






15 comments:

  1. "One misstep and I'm 16 again," ha ha! But you can carry that off. I loved your video and seeing all your jackets in living colour. Sheesh, you look good in red. I love capes but it's a bit difficult to carry my handbag with them because I like to hide my arms inside. Look up, it's great advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So True on the cape thing; didnt I see you in a fantastic red one the other day? Hard to figure out what to do with the bag, I agreee!

      Delete
  2. I do kind of love that Forever 21 coat. Leopard is always such a classic.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knew I could find something sort-of classic there, of all places?

      Delete
  3. I love looking up at the amazing clouds on a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all these toppers, and of course the jean jacket is a staple! I wore mine to the movies today. I really enjoyed your video. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am hoping for cooler weather to arrive soon so that all my no reason purchases of jackets will be justified! ;)

    GREETINGS FROM DUBAI!
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cape and your leopard coat, you look fabulous in everything! I don't own a denim jacket - I gave my old Levi one to a friend in need and haven't missed it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Vix, i can't believe you can get away with no denim jacket! But then again, yoy have SUCH style!

      Delete
  7. Your creativity shines in you videos. And you shine in your choice of jackets and the cape. I absolutely adore capes, and wear them whether they're a trend or not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Paula! Thank you for joining with Fashion item Friday this week. Your post is so cute and a video. I don't dare do videos (too many oopses could happen?) LOL And yes, I do love to 'look up'. I have a Giveaway rolling on my post today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, aren't you right about looking up! Our colors have been wonderful here in Missouri. The bluest blues, reddest reds, and orangiest oranges, and they've lasted for such a long time!!
    I'm new to blogging and have been trying to figure out how I'm going to take fashion pics inside. Outside is so much easier, but the colors lately have really competed with my outfits. The fall colors have won out!

    www.northsideofthecountryroad.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soo true about the photos; I'm already trying to find a good spot for the winter photos inside.....
    Will stop by your blog!

    ReplyDelete