Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Hurricane Earl






As we batten down the hatches here in New England, I can't help but think what weather does to fashion! I mean, how many times have you had to change your outfit to adapt to the weather??? Would you wear those Manolo Blahniks in the rain???




I try and make the ugly weather as cheery as possible with color; you are probably getting to know me by now! For rain, I love this bright red slicker, with the cute print in the hood. This is great for those summer thunderstorms or a hurricane or two. Shoes are my trusty clogs--they keep you high and dry out of the puddles, but another option are those cute, brightly colored galoshes. http://www.zappos.com/kamik-janis-plum
I don't know--what do you think; can an over 50 wear these???? Love to hear from you!

3 comments:

  1. I rhink any age is good for these boots.
    Love the hood detail on the slicker!
    Happy hurricane...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is a riot! Living in New England, too, I understand the struggle to look decent in brutal conditions. The year-round strappy sandals in fashion magazines just make me guffaw, and stilettos don't work so great in these parts, either! Give me my 3-season ankle boots any day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa~
    So, you would wear these boots?? Good for you! I haven't got the guts yet--as practical as they are....

    Anne~
    We really still have to take into account the weather! Ankle boots work so well here--I agree! I think I have 4 pairs anyway! I do have a pair that is impractical--you may have seen that post. I will post some of my favorite WATERPROOF leather winter boots too later on...Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete